For Parents


Our 2019-2020 Student Handbook:

Union Elementary School Student Handbook 2019-2010

We know you’re likely to have questions about our policies at Union Elementary, so on this page, we are addressing the most frequently asked questions we hear. Our student handbook (located on the Home page under our “Parent” Quick Links section) is also an excellent resource. We also welcome you to contact us anytime during office hours.

What are the school hours?

8:30-3:30 Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
8:30-1:30 Wednesdays

What grades attend Union Elementary?

At the present, we serve students in grades kindergarten through second grade.  

If you reside south of Lower Buckeye and north of Broadway between 83rd and 99th Avenues, your child will automatically be enrolled at Union. Other in-district families who would like to attend Union may request placement via open enrollment.

Tell me about your preschool program.

Our preschool program serves special needs children in our district. If you would like additional information about this service, please visit our district website.

Can my child ride the bus to Union Elementary?

Yes, all Union Elementary students may ride the bus free-of-charge. Please review the routes on our district site for additional information.

Does Union offer breakfast and lunch to students?

Our district participates in the National School Lunch Programand offers free breakfast and lunch to all primary grade students. 

Does Union require uniforms?

We do require our students to wear uniforms, and all pieces are readily available at your favorite department store. We require all students to wear:

  • Red, burgundy, baby blue, navy blue, white, or hunter green shirts
  • Khaki, black, or navy blue pants/shorts/skirts/shorts
  • Closed-toed shoes

How do I enroll?

You can enroll by visiting our school and requesting a registration packet. Fill out the necessary paperwork, and return it with a copy of your child’s immunization records, birth certificate, and proofs of residency. You can also download the registration packet from our district site. We require all incoming kindergarten students to be 5 years old by September 1 to register.

How do I apply for tax credits?

The state of Arizona allows taxpayers to contribute up to $400 per year to any public school and receive a state income tax credit. The credit is available to all taxpayers even if they don’t have children in school. To claim the credit, request a Tax Credit Donation form, and make all donations directly to the school of your choice, or submit it to our district office. Visit our district website for more information.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.